What is the best way to care for your Swarovski crystal jewelry without damaging it? Swarovski jewelry should be enjoyed in all its shimmering splendor, but dirt can detract from its brilliance. Handcrafted Swarovski crystal jewelry is beautiful and delicate, requiring specialized care. How can your Swarovski crystal designs continue to sparkle for years to come?
Tips for Cleaning Swarovski Crystal Jewelry
To keep your Swarovski crystal jewelry in pristine condition, polish your Swarovski crystal jewelry regularly with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to maintain its brilliance. Rub gently to avoid snagging the cloth on sharp edges of metal casings and accompanying beads and findings. Wearing a pair of cotton gloves can help you avoid putting fingerprints onto the crystals as you clean. Clean and polish items regularly to keep them looking their best. Never use abrasive cleaning gear or harsh polishing techniques on your jewelry.
The Best Way to Remove Stubborn Dirt from Swarovski Crystal Beads
For stubborn dirt and grime buildup, a soft bristle toothbrush and a small bowl of warm water and mild dish detergent is best. Moisten the bristles of the soft brush with the cleaning solution, gently brushing each of the Swarovski beads, in turn, using a circular motion to remove tough deposits. Once clean, rinse the jewelry briefly with tap water to remove soap. Make sure the stopper is in the drain before you do this, as your jewelry may be slippery from soap, and you don’t want to lose it down the drain. After rinsing, pat it dry gently with a lint-free paper towel or soft cloth. Leave them out to dry thoroughly before storing.
Take Care When Wearing and Storing Your Jewelry
- Store your Swarovski pendants and beads in their original packaging for safekeeping when not in use.
- Avoid prolonged contact with water, taking off your jewelry before washing your hands, showering, or taking a bath. Doing so could cause irreversible damage.
- Never wear your jewelry in the pool or hot tub, as chlorine can damage your crystals and dull their beautiful luster.
- Don’t wear your jewelry when applying lotion, makeup, hairspray, perfume, or other beauty products – these products could discolor and weaken Swarovski crystal beads.
- Remove your jewelry if it knocks against objects during daily activities, as this could chip the crystal.
- Put jewelry on last after dressing and take it off first when changing out of your clothes.
- Wash your Swarovski crystal jewelry after each use whenever possible to guard against exposure and damage from chemicals and grime.
Ensure stunning jewelry designs that will stand the test of time. View our latest catalog and shop the extensive selection of certified Swarovski crystal beads and pendants available at Crystal Findings today.