There can be a lot of bumps in the road for those new to jewelry making. Fortunately, the internet is filled with information and ideas to ensure a smoother journey. YouTube holds a wealth of information, and you can’t beat its show-and-tell video format if you’re new to creating your own jewelry designs. To help you, we have scoured the platform and found three YouTube channels for you to watch if you are new to jewelry making.
Top YouTube Channels for Jewelry Making
Jewel School is the perfect place to get fresh ideas and learn how to turn wire and beads into your own signature jewelry designs with the latest available tools and techniques. This fun, jewelry-making community is always making something great, releasing a new DIY project each week that you can create along with online instructors. Jumpstart your creativity, learning how to work with beading staples like sterling silver beads and findings. Then add a touch of pizazz with pro tips and advanced beading techniques, creating one-of-a-kind custom designs you can’t wait to show off to your friends.
Jeweler’s Academy offers a 1-year online diploma in jewelry making for those interested in custom silver and gold jewelry making or expanding their creative capacity. This diploma program from the award-winning London Jewelry School is designed to take you from complete beginner to professional jewelry in 1-year, with a minimum 1-day per week minimum commitment. The program is highly supported, featuring one-on-one mentoring from trained professional jewelers, weekly group Q&A, and an active Facebook community. The program covers:
- Fundamentals like sawing, soldering, filing, polishing, and finishing jewelry
- How to make bangles, earrings, pendants, and rings with high-quality Shamballa beads, Swarovski crystal beads, stone beads, and other accents
- Designing and drawing jewelry
- Wax carving
- Making wedding rings
- Arranging tightly set stones
- Crafting hinges and rivets
- Incorporating business skills such as jewelry photography and how to launch a successful jewelry business
Artist Basia of Stardust Mine Jewelry is a self-taught jewelry metalsmith. Her artisan, handcrafted jewelry designs are truly stunning. On her channel, Basia shares her experiences making jewelry to smooth the process for fellow crafters and entrepreneurs. On her channel, you can:
- Take advantage of step-by-step tutorials
- Find out about timesaving, stress-reducing jewelry making tips and hacks
- Learn the basics of working with gold-filled beads in bulk
- Get need-to-know information on selling your custom jewelry designs
- Find out about the latest tools and product reviews
- Learn about cleaning, storing, and organizing your jewelry
- Get tips on photographing and shipping your jewelry
- Uncover how to get past a creative slump
- And much more – this channel is packed with information!
Are you feeling inspired? Begin your beading adventure. Stock up and start creating, shopping the wide selection of jewelry beads and stones wholesale available at Crystal Findings today.